Careers: NOW HIRING
Would you like to start or further an exciting career in forensics? Center For DNA Testing offers training for DNA sample collectors and supports their work with local organizations and individuals with DNA testing needs.
Sample collectors are responsible for performing DNA cheek-swab collections at local hospitals, attorney’s offices, private home visits, court systems and more.
You’ll also have the responsibility of maintaining physician, attorney and other corporate and government accounts within your assigned area. You’re trained to get these contacts on your own and maintain them. We teach you how and where to market yourself to continue to receive client calls locally and nationally.
Interested? Below are specifics of the profession:
Salary: Incredibly competitive per collection, minus any associated laboratory fees.
Mobile Collector: You create your own work schedule. We’ll teach you how to create a successful schedule that will maximize your productivity.
Education: You are NOT required to have any particular certification or degree to be an affiliate.
Preferred applicants will have a background in health care or a forensic-related field, but this is not a requirement.
You don’t need to buy office space, computer equipment or another phone line, because we’ll provide you with your entire virtual office. Become part of a growing industry and start earning great money at the same time!
Sign up for a company orientation by using the form below. Once it’s been submitted, we’ll contact you to attend a company overview session. Afterward, we’ll email you an agreement, and a Center For DNA Testing Manager will contact you with additional details on upcoming training dates.
It’s a rewarding profession for people who are interested in forensics! Contact us to get started.
Top reasons to choose Center For DNA Testing: We provide all of this for you!
- Training webinars and seminars
- Ability to receive client results via fax, email and US mail at no charge
- DNA Sample Collection Kits
- Back-end question and support center
- Training on finding doctors and attorneys in your local region
- Training on setting up accounts with court systems, doctors, attorneys and other independent collection facilities
- Help with business cards and brochures used to display within the community at courthouses, doctor’s offices and attorneys’ offices
- Prepaid shipping costs to have your collected samples sent back to us
- Each case tested twice for verification
- Competitive pricing
- The most comprehensive testing panels available for complex family relationships
- Advanced DNA testing technology for efficient, error-free processing
- Fast results available electronically within two days of laboratory receipt of samples
- Convenient, at-home cheek swab collection options
- Worldwide specimen collection locations available for immigration cases
- Accessible support representatives
- ISO 17025 & AABB accredited services
- Accurate results: greater than 99.99% probability of paternity for inclusions
- Great residual income from each doctor and attorney account you set up
- 2-day test results
- Being in the Network allows you to send clients, anywhere in the country, into a local collection facility or hospital near them for testing.
A Mobile Phlebotomist serves patients by identifying the best method for retrieving blood; preparing specimens for laboratory testing; and packing and shipping procedures.
- Verifies test orders by comparing information with requisition forms, bringing discrepancies to the attention of unit personnel.
- Verifies patient by reading patient identification.
- Obtains blood specimens by performing venipunctures.
- Maintains specimen integrity by using aseptic technique, following department procedures; observing isolation procedures.
- Tracks collected specimens by initialing, dating, and noting times of collection; maintaining daily tallies of collections performed.
- Maintains quality results by following department procedures and testing schedule, identifying, and reporting needed changes.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Resolves unusual test orders by contacting Center For DNA Testing's mobile phlebotomy team; referring unresolved orders back to the originator for further clarification; notifying Center For DNA Testing of unresolved orders.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances phlebotomy department reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- The mobile phlebotomist is responsible for updating job statuses and adding tracking information in Skedulo.
- Employees must complete training relating to Procedure Policies (SOPs) as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a current status on Center For DNA Testing training requirements
- Missing information completion on requisitions
- Logistical management/printing of patient reports for that area
- Billing question answering/triaging and follow-up with patients
- Scheduling pick ups from courier services - FedEx or Medspeed
- National Phlebotomy Certification may be required depending on the state of practice
- Minimum of 2 years of phlebotomy experience
- RN/BS/BA degree (preferred)
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to serve and protect the mobile phlebotomy community by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and JCAHO standards.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Work in a mobile/remote setting with scrubs and closed toed shoes required.
- Proper PPE including but not limited to; facemask, perform hand hygiene, and gloves.
- The position requires tracking of each draw.
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Center For DNA Testing is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Center For DNA Testing is a rapidly-growing DNA testing company. Our partner laboratories complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and are actively researching its applications.
The Center For DNA Testing team and partners consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Center For DNA Testing, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape.